VistaCare Communications is a leading telecommunications and technology solutions provider for a wide range of businesses and organizations. We are currently seeking experienced and motivated Senior Accountant to join our operations in Bedford, Nova Scotia for permanent, full-time position.
Under the direction of the Financial Controller, the Senior Accountant is responsible to oversee general accounting operations, controlling and verifying financial transactions in their accuracy and effectiveness.
- Responsible to complete month-end close procedures, keep up to date and accurate working papers with excellent detail. Co-ordinate delegation of month-end duties with Junior Accountant;
- Preparation of draft monthly financial statements and schedules (Consolidated Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Statement of Cash Flows) including divisional statements. Includes Journal Entries, Reconciliations and Variance Analysis to budget, forecast, and year-over-year analysis;
- Assist in development and documentation of business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls;
- Assist in preparation of information, schedules, and related information for year end audit. Direct communication with external auditors to ensure compliance of information and timely response along with other with accounting team members and as directed;
- Assist in preparation/review of monthly HST/QST/Corporate Income Tax filings and payments;
- Along with accounting team members ensure the project accounting system is producing timely and relevant information for management and stakeholders.
- Ad hoc financial reporting and projects as delegated by Financial Controller or VP Finance;
- Provide guidance and assistance to Junior Accountant as needed.
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills; excellent attention to detail;
- Strong computer skills including advanced user knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Suite;
- Effective communication with staff and management;
- Excellent time management; self-motivated and adaptable;
- Ability to work accurately under pressure when required to meet deadlines;
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and professionalism.
- Minimum 1-2 years working experience as an Accountant, including thorough knowledge of basic accounting principles, familiarity with preparation of financial statements;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce with concentration in Accounting, Finance or relevant field;
- Interested in or currently pursuing the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation;
- Experience with Jonas Construction software would be considered an asset;
- Experience with General Ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal record check.
- 50% employer paid comprehensive group benefits (health, dental, vision, insurance);
- Group Life Insurance;
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP);
- Employee Referral Program;
- Free on-site parking;
- Company discounts;
- Company-Matched RRSP.