Telecom Line Technician / Lineman (United States)
VC International Communications is a leading telecommunications solutions provider for a wide range of businesses and organizations. We are currently seeking experienced and motivated Linemen/Line Technicians to join our telecommunication construction operations on our current project in Boston Area, MA for permanent, full-time positions. An experienced Lineman/Line Technician is involved in all facets of outside plant construction including Fibre Optics, Copper and RF Coax.
These positions may require travel on a rotational basis and candidates are welcome to apply from any state. The work may be local or require travel depending on the location of the applicant as the current positions will be located in Massachusetts.
VC International Communications is an equal opportunity employer, welcoming applications from people with disabilities. Any applicant who may require accommodations are encouraged to discuss this with their recruiter.
- Operate vehicle-mounted aerial device equipment
- Operate cable lashing machines and other lineman equipment
- Load and unload equipment and cable trailers
- Outside Plant (OSP) line construction with coax, copper and fibre cables
- Perform testing and troubleshooting if required
- Adhere to all company safety policies and procedures
- Ability to climb poles with climbing gear (gaffs and belt) is a must or ability to learn.
- Strong manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and attention to detail
- Ability to work in all weather conditions, confined spaces, isolation
- Ability to work construction in a physically demanding atmosphere including, but is not limited to: carry, raise and climb a ladder, carry, lift and handle heavy equipment (manhole covers, cable reels)
- Self-disciplined, motivated, organized, and a team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and repetitive tasks
- Line Technician / Lineman related experience in a telecommunications environment
- Technical training or lineman training/certification considered an ASSET but not required.
- Preference given to candidates with telecommunication (telecom) experience in outside plant construction (OSP) and FTTx projects
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to work overtime, weekends, or on emergency call outs as required
- Ability to travel throughout the State as required
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal record check
- Must be able to carry 75-80 lbs (this includes an extension ladder)
- Must be able to bend, stand, sit, crawl, climb and lift throughout work shift
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Competitive compensation depending on previous experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision, AD&D, and LTD Benefits (Nation wide Coverage)
- 401K Matching Program
- Work perks Corporate Discounts Program
- Paid Statutory Holidays
- Paid Vacation