Line Technician - Trainee (ON)
VistaCare Communications is a leading telecommunications solutions provider for a wide range of businesses and organizations. We currently have positions available for motivated Line Technicians to join our telecommunication construction operations in Barrie, ON (and various locations in Ontario). Our Line Technicians are involved in all facets of outside plant construction including Fibre Optics, Copper and RF Coax.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate vehicle-mounted aerial device equipment
- Operate cable lashing machines and other lineman equipment
- Load and unload equipment and cable trailers
- Outside Plant (OSP) line construction with coax, copper and fibre cables
- Perform testing and troubleshooting if required
- Adhere to all company safety policies and procedures
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and attention to detail
- Ability to work in all weather conditions, confined spaces, isolation
- Ability to work construction in a physically demanding atmosphere including, but is not limited to: carry, raise and climb a ladder, carry, lift and handle heavy equipment (manhole covers, cable reels)
- Self-disciplined, motivated, organized, and a team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and repetitive tasks
- No experience is required - VistaCare will provide paid training for the group of trainees.
- Valid driver’s license (May be required to obtain Class 3 with airbrakes) and reasonable drivers abstract;
- Willingness to work overtime, weekends, or on emergency call outs as required;
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal record check.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Wages up to $35/h;
- 50% employer paid comprehensive group benefits (health, dental, vision, insurance);
- Group Life Insurance;
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP);
- Employee Referral Program;
- Free on-site parking at head office;
- Company discounts;
- Paid work travel/Accommodations and Per Diem;
- Paid training;
- Company-Matched RRSP.