Line Technician/ Lineman (Prince Edward Island)
VistaCare Communications is a leading telecommunications solutions provider for a wide range of businesses and organizations. We currently have positions available for motivated Line Technicians to join our telecommunication construction operations across Prince Edward Island. Our Line Technicians are involved in all facets of outside plant construction including Fibre Optics, Copper and RF Coax.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate vehicle-mounted aerial device equipment;
- Operate cable lashing machines and other lineman equipment;
- Load and unload equipment and cable trailers;
- Outside Plant (OSP) line construction with coax, copper and fibre cables;
- Perform testing and troubleshooting if required;
- Adhere to all company safety policies and procedures.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and attention to detail;
- Ability to work in all weather conditions, confined spaces, isolation;
- Ability to work construction in a physically demanding atmosphere including, but is not limited to: carry, raise and climb a ladder, carry, lift and handle heavy equipment (manhole covers, cable reels);
- Self-disciplined, motivated, organized, and a team player;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and repetitive tasks.
- 4+ years of Line Technician / Lineman related experience in a telecommunications environment;
- Technical training or lineman training/certification considered an asset;
- Preference given to candidates with telecommunication ( telecom ) experience in outside plant construction (OSP) and FTTx projects.
- Valid driver’s license (preference given to Class 3 and above - Class 3 with airbrakes an asset) * May be required to obtain Class 3 with airbrakes;
- Willingness to work overtime, weekends, or on emergency call outs as required;
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal record check.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Wages up to $35/h;
- 50% employer paid comprehensive group benefits (health, dental, vision, insurance);
- Group Life Insurance;
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP);
- Employee Referral Program;
- Company discounts;
- Paid work travel/Accommodations and Per Diem;
- Paid training;
- Company-Matched RRSP.