VistaCare Underground is a telecommunications contractor providing horizontal directional drilling and utility installation services throughout western Canada. Our operations Canada-Wide have a need for experienced Directional Drillers/Locators.
We are seeking candidates who are punctual, have strong work ethic and want to work as part of a team. Applicants must be safety-oriented individuals with a positive attitude.
These positions may require travel on a rotational basis and candidates are welcome to apply from any province. The work may be local or require travel depending on the location of the applicant.
VistaCare Underground is an equal opportunity employer, welcoming applications from people with disabilities. Any applicant who may require accommodations are encouraged to discuss this with their recruiter.
- Drilling and/or locating to specifications on maps and installing the product
- Daily reporting of activities
- Managing drilling crew
- Maintenance and inspections of equipment
- Driver logs and trip inspections
- Working in city environments
Minimum Courses that would be an asset: CSTS, Ground Disturbance, First Aid
- Strong manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination
- Ability to work in all weather conditions, confined spaces, isolation
- Ability to work in a physically demanding atmosphere including, but is not limited to: carry, raise and climb a ladder, carry, lift and handle heavy equipment (manhole covers, cable reels)
- Self-disciplined, motivated and organized
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and repetitive tasks
- 2+ years of experience in HDD drilling
- Technical training considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license (preference given to Class 1 or Class 3), reasonable driver abstract
- Willingness to work overtime, weekends, or on emergency call outs as required
- Travel as required
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal record check
- Competitive compensation based on experience and skill level
- 50% employer paid comprehensive group benefits (health, dental, vision, insurance)
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Employer-match RRSP group plan
WorkPerks with Venngo and other corporate discounts available