Cable Technician - Entry Level (Chatham, ON)
VistaCare Communications is a leading technology solutions provider for a wide range of businesses and organizations. We are currently seeking an entry level MDU Cable Technicians for permanent, full-time positions based out of Chatham/ Kingsville/ Leamington areas in Ontario.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation of fibre optic cables in new and existing buildings;
- Demonstrates the ability to identify and document all cables and equipment appropriately;
- Safe and efficient utilization of hand and portable tools in an indoor/outdoor environment;
- Ability to drill all building types and install: raceway, EMT, PVC or micro duct;
- Ability to work with single mode fibre as per manufacturer/customer standards;
- Knowledge of building and electrical code;
- Ability to read blueprints and building plans and document daily records, reports and hours worked;
- Perform fibre optic testing (OTDR/power meter) and accurately record test results;
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment;
- Effective listening, teamwork, and writing abilities;
- Understand, adhere to, and promote environmental, health & safety practices.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to test, analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve complex issues;
- Ability to manage workload and to ensure jobs are completed on time and on budget;
- Job planning skills according to desired timelines, including the dissection of blueprints;
- Strong manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination;
- Ability to work in all weather conditions, confined spaces, isolation;
- Ability to work in a physically demanding atmosphere including, but is not limited to: carry, raise and climb a ladder, carry, lift and handle heavy equipment and/or tooling;
- Self-disciplined, motivated and organized.
- No experience required.
- Valid driver’s license and reasonable driver abstract;
- Willingness to work overtime, weekends, or on emergency call outs as required;
- Ability to travel will be required;
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal record check.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary range of $16/h - $18/h (Compensation based on experience and skill level);
- 50% employer paid comprehensive group benefits (health, dental, vision, insurance);
- Group Life Insurance;
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP);
- Employee Referral Program;
- Company discounts;
- Company-Matched RRSP.
- Paid work travel/Accommodations and Per Diem;
- Paid training;